Sunday, November 18, 2012

Bugs Me




I was out walking the other day and a little green bug kept buzzing by me... flying up around my head and buzzing... buzzing... buzzing..   I kept swatting it away and it finally flew off. 

A few minutes later it was back again.. this time taking a different tack.   It just kept buzzing in front of me and I swatted at it again.

Poor little bug... it was just buzzing.    But I was walking and I didn't want to be bothered by a bug.

Funny how God can use something so inconsequential to get our attention.    This little buzzy bug made me wonder how many times I have swatted away when the Holy Spirit was rising up inside me... bugging me about something, reminding me of something, trying to empower me to do something. 

How many times have I written Him off as unimportant or inconvenient?   How many times have I ignored His promptings because I was just walking through life focused on something else?

That really bugs me.

LORD, please keep me aware of Your presence.  Holy Spirit, please keep speaking to my spirit. Help me to always hear and respond rightly.   In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments: