Monday, February 25, 2013

Post It Quote

Here's a quote from my friend, Ruben Raptor Lopez : "everything takes time, work, effort and TENACIOUS PERSEVERANCE."
 
Tenacious Perseverance.... I like that. Tenacious means "holding fast".    Perseverance means " steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement. OR 2. Theology.. continuance in a state ...of grace to the end, leading to eternal salvation.
 
How many of us exhibit tenacious perseverance in life? We set goals and give up on them. We make plans and get distracted or off track and don't accomplish what we plan.
 
We need to take a look at our selves. (I am preaching to myself here too...obviously) Look at our goals and plans and make a commitment to hold fast to them.
 
Where our relationship with God is concerned, we most definitely should persevere. It is what we are instructed to do. Hebrews 10:36 tells us "You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised." 
 
I believe we could say that the disciples tenaciously persevered in their mission and in their relationship with God through Jesus Christ. We should do no less. I don't want to miss out on the promise of God because I took my eyes off the goal and digressed from the plan He has for me.
 
Remember!!!!! TENACIOUS PERSEVERANCE!!! I should write that one down in great big block letters and post it on my forehead. :-)

No comments: